Engineer Vehicle Quality Job at Toyota Evere, Brussel
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937, Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people. As a company, Toyota Motor Europe focuses on sustainability and future generations and strongly promotes diversity, inclusion and gender equality. We are highly interested in receiving the applications from professionals of all backgrounds and genders looking to build their career in either scientific, engineering or corporate positions.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
We offer a dynamic multicultural work environment and the opportunity to be part of a highly motivated team where collaboration, creativity, courage, and curiosity play an important role. You will be working on exciting projects and benefit from a thorough on the job development, coaching and training.
Your commitment will be rewarded with a comprehensive renumeration package, including a bonus scheme and interesting extra-legal benefits. We provide flexibility to take care of both your career and your personal life by providing hybrid work environment with structural possibility to both work from home & collaborate in the office. You can also take your work abroad for up to 20 days/year.
At Toyota Motor Europe, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all. All of our recruitment decisions are based on the individual and their qualifications along with the job requirements. The selection process is without regard to nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, ethnicity, disability or other personal characteristics. We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination as our individual experiences and overall diversity is our key strength. Together we have the power to make a positive change and go beyond the ordinary.
If you need any specific consideration for the interview process due to disability or any other reason, please let the recruiter know.
Education / Experience:
- Min. 1 – 4 years experience in engineering function or similar ones (e.g. vehicle quality engineer, field service engineer or manufacturing engineer).
- Good fact finding and analysis skills in order to draw conclusions from the gathered data and information
- Good personal organization skills in order to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and negotiation attitude in an assertive but diplomatic way in order to reach consensus and get buy-in
- You have a passion to achieve customer satisfaction
- Relevant education level, for example technical higher education or Bachelor/Master degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, automotive…)
- Willing to travel (20 – 30%) within Europe
- And last but not least, a passion for mobility solutions
We are also open to young graduates looking for a first professional experience and a mentorship/training program.
- General mechanical knowledge; experience in automotive or manufacturing is an asset
- Knowledge and affinity with quality processes and tools is an asset
- Experience with technical problem diagnosis and problem solving is an advantage
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- English (good spoken and written knowledge)
- Any other European language and/or Japanese is an asset.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- Courage: you are ready to let go of the easy path to reach challenging targets
- Collaboration: you are a team player, respectful and inclusive in your style and you take a customer-oriented approach
- Creativity: your passion drives you to explore innovative ideas and challenge the impossible
- Curiosity: you combine imagination and fact-based observation
- Coaching: you share knowledge and feedback with your colleagues and celebrate each other’s success
Your team and your responsibilities
For Toyota, quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for constant improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” (“continuous improvement”) and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customers satisfaction.
Toyota Motor Europe aims to be the most inclusive and diverse workplace globally where, ALL members feel safe, respected, engaged, valued and able to unleash their full potential & we cultivate, embrace and leverage diversity, to deliver the highest standards of service to our customers, society and sustainably compete in the marketplace.
To do this, TME have placed a primary focus on their DE&I (Diversity Equity and Inclusion) activities going forward, including (but not restricted to) diversity focused trainings, establishment of new Employee Resource Groups to encourage discussion surrounding common concerns/issues, and exciting interactive events to tie-in with the diversity calendar (for example, International Women’s Day, Pride Week, and many more).”
Customer Vehicle Quality is a vibrant and energetic team (35+ people), consisting of many nationalities from within Europe, as well as Japan and other countries. Our primary role is to resolve quality related concerns affecting the European markets. Additionally, we also support many and varied markets where our European assembled vehicles are exported to, including countries outside the traditional European Region including Russia, North Africa, Middle East and Asia.
- Through analysis of the field quality concerns, warranty data analysis and hands-on investigation on vehicles, you will prioritise the quality concerns in the market.
- You will be responsible for the coordination of root cause analysis and countermeasure activities of reported market concerns.
- You will liaise with related stakeholders (R&D, In-House Manufacturing, Purchasing, Logistics, Suppliers, etc.) and promote quick issue resolution, with a goal to timely reduce inconvenience to the customer and bring strong sense of satisfaction and fulfilment.
- As result of the investigation, you have final responsibility to inform and release the repair method to our European technicians.
- Your objectives are to improve the product experience of our customer and increase their satisfaction.
- Building on your experience gathered through these activities, you will drive projects to apply Kaizen to our operations and to improve our cooperation with related divisions.
About the Company
Company Location: Evere, Brussel