Quality Assurance Analyst I – 3rd Shift Job at T. Marzetti Columbus, OH
The Quality Assurance Analyst position plays a critical role in maintaining the safety and quality of incoming ingredients, work-in-process product, and finished goods. This person shall report any non-conformance of raw materials or finished goods to the plant QA Supervisor or QA Manager.
- Collect and test samples of ingredients, products, or packages according to established procedures
- Monitor processes to ensure they are operating correctly and consistently
- Document all results neatly and precisely
- Label and maintain product retention samples used to monitor the product throughout the established shelf life
- Organize collected data for management review
- Maintain lab equipment in a clean and orderly fashion
- Communicate non-compliant results immediately to management
- Monitor plant for compliance to GMPs
- Accurately weigh ingredients, colors, flavorings and seasonings
- Test R&D samples for food safety & specification development
- Conduct other duties, as assigned by the plant QA Supervisor or QA Manager.
Key Contacts: Quality Assurance, Operations, Maintenance and Warehouse department personnel.
- AS or BS in science-related field required
- Coursework in food science, food technology, chemistry or microbiology preferred
- Academic or professional experience in a laboratory setting preferred
- Previous quality assurance experience preferred
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required
- Dependability and flexibility in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to make and record observations
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work and contribute as part of a team
Works in a manufacturing environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, read, sit, stand, lift, reach, and bend while moving about the facility. Must be able to stand up for an 8-hour shift (sometimes longer) with regular breaks. Earplugs, hairnets and steel-toed shoes are required per company and plant GMP and Safety requirements.
Cultivate Your Career
Lancaster Colony Corporation and its wholly owned subsidiary T. Marzetti Company are committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all associates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our goal to provide opportunities that nourish the growth of each individual team member.
About the Company
Company: T. Marzetti
Company Location: Columbus, OH