Quality Control Field Technician – Property Management Job at Second Avenue Kansas City, MO
Second Avenue is recruiting a Quality Control Field Technician for its Property Management division in Kansas City Metropolitan Area
We are looking for an experienced property management professional with single family management or housing inspection experience and a proven track record regarding essential duties with respect to optimizing performance of the assigned rental portfolio and new acquisitions, renovations, leasing, collections, resident service, expense control, maximizing revenue, information reporting and compliance with applicable statutes and company policies.
Single Family Property Management Preferred – Experience with R&M, Turns and Rehabs a MUST.
Second Avenue is the premier platform for enabling institutions to deploy meaningful capital into single-deeded residential assets (SFR) while retaining control and valuable lines of sight into their investments over time. Second Avenue’s proprietary technology and exclusive relationships have allowed it to bring scale to scattered single family investment homes, a strategy that was previously untenable as an institutional asset class. The Company provides all aspects of sourcing, acquisition and property management services for its clients.
We offer a positive culture and professional work environment. Please see our website for additional background on our business platform – www.secondavenue.com.
The Quality Control Field Technician is a position that spends the bulk of their time visiting various properties within a market portfolio. Technicians are key resources in the field and handle a variety of responsibilities including quality control of properties after renovations, conducting move-in and move-out inspections and installing electronic smart home equipment. Technicians must be professional and have a solid comprehension of construction/maintenance processes and techniques. Technicians must be willing to travel extensively within a portfolio daily and should be flexible in being available to work on the occasional weekend as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a quality review for new inventory coming out of renovations and turn and completing inspection reports in our proprietary system.
- Coordinate and meet onsite vendors as required at different properties within the market as needed.
- Assist Second Avenue in making certain a scope of work is completed completely and that the quality of the work is appropriate.
- Coordinate and manage resident move-ins and resident move-outs by completing a thorough property condition/status inspection at move-in and when the residents move-out, including solid documentation within the report to include both written and photographic documentation.
- Conduct rent ready vacant unit inspections that have been on the market for longer periods of time to make certain they remain market ready.
- Assess condition of properties for R&M/Capex needs.
- Perform rental property inspections, ensure positive visual appeal of property conditions.
- Inspect buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness – correct or report deficiencies.
- Provide customer excellent service support/resident interaction.
- Comply with all company standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Assist in oversight of maintenance/turnkey operations.
- Assist in coordinating acquisition and renovation activities in collaboration and support of SA rehab team.
- Attention to detail and ability to make effective schedule in accordance with priorities for that day, week, month.
- Ability to work with various technology platforms.
- Knowledge of Repairs & Maintenance, Renovations, and Turnkey operations.
- Ability to use a computer proficiently, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and property operating software.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions. Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve issues.
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business needs and processes.
- Ability to set, manage and meet goals and deadlines.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to commute daily to properties throughout the assigned market portfolio.
- Attention to detail and ability to communicate findings clearly in both writing and photographically.
Required Licenses or Certifications
- Current driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Ability to be reachable via phone and/or email at all times, except during approved time off.
- Must be available to work on-call or when needed.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
Ideal Candidate Characteristics and Background
- Minimum high school graduate required. Associates Degree or higher degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in residential property management.
- Strong work ethic, value system, high level of adaptability and team orientation.
Full-time, Salaried Non-Exempt
Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance, Short Term Disability, 401K
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. Other duties may be assigned.
About the Company
Company: Second Avenue
Company Location: Kansas City, MO